About Me

My photo
I live in beautiful Tucson, Arizona and love beads and beading. I'm new to blogging but wanted to give it a try. Looking forward to learning something new and having fun too!

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Spring in Arizona and Leather Wrapped Bracelets

Hi from Arizona - it's already hit 100 degrees here so may be a long, hot summer!  But it's a "dry heat" and I love it!

I've been busy lately - lots of sales in my Etsy shop, lots of yardwork, my new addiction to leather wrapped bracelets and reading a great new book.


I'm absolutely loving this book.  It's a true story written by Cheryl Strayed who, after going through some major life problems, decided to hike the Pacific Crest Trail alone.  It's such a great read and I love books about people overcoming obstacles and challenges in their life.

I've also been making leather wrapped bracelets like crazy, making my daughter wear them as my "tester" and figuring out ways to make the process easier.  I think I've got it figured out now!

Here's some of my latest designs:

I love turquoise so this is my favorite for now.  Not bad for someone who didn't know the first thing about these bracelets a few weeks ago!

Also, this one is a close 2nd to my favorite:



Love these little multi colored czech glass beads (see my shop)!



And this one with chalk turquoise beads!

I'm still practicing but love watching Netflix movies while working on these bracelets (when I should be doing something around the house instead)!




No comments:

Post a Comment